[PLUG] Trimming PostScript Bounding Box

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Apr 18 20:57:11 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    I have a graphic as a PostScript file that displays about the
Rich> middle of a page. I would like to trim away the white space
Rich> above and below the text.  The .ps file defines the bounding box
Rich> as the whole page:

Rich> %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792

Rich>    Since I'm not fluent in PS, is there a way to determine where
Rich> within that box the text I want is actually located so I can
Rich> change the bounding box to be tighter?

I seem to remember that gv (ghostview) shows you the x,y coordinates
of the mouse pointer.  We used that feature as a cheap-ass digitizing
mechanism to capture geometry from old tranmission tower drawings a
while ago.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net