[PLUG] Trimming PostScript Bounding Box

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Apr 18 21:04:46 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:
Rich> I have a graphic as a PostScript file that displays about the
Rich> middle of a page. I would like to trim away the white space
Rich> above and below the text.  The .ps file defines the bounding box
Rich> as the whole page:

Rich> %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792

Rich> Since I'm not fluent in PS, is there a way to determine where
Rich> within that box the text I want is actually located so I can
Rich> change the bounding box to be tighter?

Russell> I seem to remember that gv (ghostview) shows you the x,y
Russell> coordinates of the mouse pointer.  We used that feature as a
Russell> cheap-ass digitizing mechanism to capture geometry from old
Russell> tranmission tower drawings a while ago.

But, really, the traditional trial and error method would converge on
an acceptable solution in a few minutes (or perhaps even demonstrate
that it won't work), probably less time than it takes to type out your
question.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net