[PLUG] Trimming PostScript Bounding Box

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:40:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Russell Senior wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember that gv (ghostview) shows you the x,y coordinates of
> > the mouse pointer.  We used that feature as a cheap-ass digitizing
> > mechanism to capture geometry from old tranmission tower drawings a while
> > ago.
>
>    Thanks, Russell. I'll check that out. Of course, I still need to figure
> out how to modify the file itself.

Say you have a single, diagonal, line as the graphic, that starts at one
corner and runs to the opposite corner. If you crop to the exact start and
end points, you'll have cropped the document's raw information down to the
proper minimum co-ordinates... *but* if that line had a 30 pt stroke applied
to it, the line corners (as it's now more of a rectangle) would "render"
outside of the now-cropped areas. So, rendering has to take place before
cropping, or the cropped data has to be rendered on an a larger area than
the minimum co-ordinates found in the data?

-Bop