[PLUG] CSS file name curiosity

Robert Munro ramunro at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 19 05:23:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:00 Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> I was viewing the source to a web page I retrieved and saw
> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all"
> href="/sites/default/files/css/04b371acb6269192bb0f071989867540.css"
> />

That's a Drupal website's theme CSS cache that it builds from the CSS
inheritance hierarchy.  It contains all the CSS code that's in effect.

If you install the Firebug add-on in Firefox you can inspect all page
elements to see CSS directives.  You would not want to try to read the
file because it's just an extremely dense dump of all of the CSS code.

Robert