[PLUG] Abandonware problem and ScummVM...

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:35:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Michael Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> Copyright is not supposed to protect a company from competition forever.
> Microsoft is a monopoly because noone is allowed to work from any of
> it's old OS'es.  Efforts to replicate functionality and achieve driver
> compatability are taking decades to get anywhere, see ReactOS.

This is a really good point[1].  Attempts to replicate functionality
and achieve driver compatibility are taking decades to get anywhere in
GNU/Hurd too.  I really wish someone would talk to the linux devs or
the BSD folks and convince them to open their source.

Jason
[1] Okay, so not really.  Hopefully I made my point :)