[PLUG] Jaunty upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 24 17:33:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I still can't get Gnome to run properly. Actually, it comes up fine and my
> custom screen background looks the same as it did before. It's just the
> panel that is missing. And Alt-F2 won't open a terminal. However, I can
> get to the command line with Ctrl-Alt-Fx and back to the GUI with
> Ctrl-Alt-F7. And Ctrl-Alt-Del pops up the shutdown options window. And the
> bluetooth mouse is working.

   Every now and then this happens on Slackware with Xfce, too. No panel. I
do get a command dialog box with alt-f2 and can type 'xfce4-panel &' to
restart the panel. The session manager keeps it coming back.

   Can you restart the panel manually? Does a right-click on the main window
bring up a menu from which you can open a terminal?