[PLUG] Jaunty upgrade

Heath Morrison heath at doublemarked.com
Fri Apr 24 18:59:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't know the solution to your overall problem, but I can give you
some small advice about terminals.

Use the following command to tell your console terminal where your display is,

  export DISPLAY=":0.0"

That's the magic env-var that your xterms are using to pop things up
on your display. If you do that and then run your X apps they should
properly appear in your GUI. Well, until you hit the next problem :)

Hope that helps!

-Heath