[PLUG] Jaunty upgrade

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Apr 24 22:20:19 UTC 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> And to those who suggested right-clicking on the root window, bear in
> mind that there are no windows on the display at all, root or
> otherwise. It's just a completely blank screen showing my wallpaper. I
> did try right-clicking and other clickety things, but nada. The mouse
> and keyboard work, but there is nothing to click on and no windows to
> type in.

Your wallpaper/desktop is the root window.

> I do have another ordinary user that I created a long time ago for
> emergencies. I haven't tried to log in as him, or as root. I'll do that
> after I send this.

That's a good idea.  I also agree with Joe.  I think you've got some
sort of session initialization problem.  Trying a different user
should allow you to avoid possible customization issues with your own
account.  You should also try the xterm suggestion.

--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com