[PLUG] forum software with email bridge/gateway

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:47:37 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

# from Michael Rasmussen on Sunday 26 April 2009 14:41:

>notification of new, monitored or replied to posts is not enough of
>a feature for the email crowd to be happy with.

Ugh.  Being one of ^-- those sorts, I'm imagining mail messages like:

  "click here to read what should have just been mail"

>I thought I'd go find some forum software that would accept emails as
>an input form.  Essentially one that would look like an email list to
>the emailers and a forum to forum fans.

You are describing a google group?

If you really want something you host yourself, you might have luck with
searches related to the list management software (e.g. nntp+mailman or
some-such.)

--Eric
--
Like a lot of people, I was mathematically abused as a child.
--Paul Graham