[PLUG] forum software with email bridge/gateway

Mark Turner mark at amerine.net
Mon Apr 27 03:32:27 UTC 2009

Check out RForum http://rforum.andreas-s.net/

On Apr 26, 2009 2:41 PM, "Michael Rasmussen" <michael at jamhome.us> wrote:

I group I'm involved with recently decided to move its communications
from email lists to an online forum.

Some of the members are not too happy.  "I may be bringing up a very sore
subject, but here goes. I hate this forum!!"  was one of many comments.

Yet others love the forum and really don't want to go back to the
email lists.

Forum software sending you notification of new, monitored or replied to
posts is not enough of a feature for the email crowd to be happy with.

I thought I'd go find some forum software that would accept emails as
an input form.  Essentially one that would look like an email list to
the emailers and a forum to forum fans.

Checking http://www.forummatrix.org/ I don't even find an option to look
for that feature.  It seems it is not that common.

Does someone here know of such a beast that they can recommend?

--
     Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
   Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity