[PLUG] data recovery from broken hard disk drive

Tim Garton garton.tim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:31:40 UTC 2009

If it is just the drive controller that is bad, a trick that I have employed
a few times is buying an identical drive and swapping the drive
controllers.  It's an easy procedure, usually just requires a small philips
screwdriver.  However, you have to make sure you buy an identical drive
(i.e. same product code), not just the same capacity drive from the same
manufacturer.

-Tim