[PLUG] pdxlinux.org needs a new website

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 23:42:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:23:32 -0700
DrHatch <DrHatch at PatAndHatch.org> dijo:

> Regarding "so long as it does what it's meant to do" and "It works,
> isn't that sufficient?":
>
> Specifically, I found the following things puzzling or indicative of an
> inactive group:

<snippage of outdated material>

Being constantly out of date is my only complaint. I don't know what
the solution is. Everyone is busy and keeping stuff up to date just
gets forgotten.

It would also be nice to have artistic graphics. That may also be a
problem. People here are computer geeks, not generally skilled at art
and design. However, if an attractive design can be made at least that
part can remain static. I do think appearance is of value.

I think we should have a few minutes of discussion of this matter at
tomorrow night's meeting. Maybe en groupe we can come up with some
ideas.