[PLUG] On Tethering

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 08:00:27 UTC 2009

When no other Internet connection is available, and I don't want to be restricted to a 320 x 240 screen, I tether my T-Mobile Dash to a laptop to surf the Web, albeit at limited speed (EDGE). Thus far I have done this only with Windows XP. Anyhow, T-Mobile doesn't charge extra for this; it may be the only major provider that does not.

I once attempted to do this with Ubuntu (using the USB cable), but was not entirely successful. Can anyone direct me to information on this subject, since it would then allow me to use Linux on a laptop?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/