[PLUG] comcast customers beware

Neal nsedell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:01:06 UTC 2009

Maybe it hasn't come to Portland yet because all I see is a text-only
page with some search suggestions, with a line at the top in bold that
says:

Sorry, we can't find "www.xyzzyplugh.com". We suggest that you check
the spelling of the web address or search above.
	Disable this error service

With the Opt-out button at the top right corner of the page, which points here:

https://dns-opt-out.comcast.net/

Seems far from the grotesque commercialization one might expect from a
big monopoly. Kind of a pain to run over to the cable modem to get the
MAC address, but I'll cut them some slack for putting the opt-out in
plain sight.

NealS