[PLUG] Forwarding Mail

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 11 01:11:43 UTC 2009

   I've not done this before so I'm ignorant of how to proceed. Your advice,
suggestions, and directions are solicited.

   My wife's going to visit her parents for a week and would like her email
forwarded there. All mail comes in to the server where it it placed in
/var/spool/mail/<hername>. Since she works on her laptop which communicates
with the server and the rest of the world via the wireless portion of the
LAN, her copy of seamonkey queries the mail server on a regular basis and
moves any waiting mail to her laptop.

   Ergo, I assume that I need to put the local address and the forwarding
address somewhere on the server. Using postfix here, but don't know in what
file to make the changes.

TIA,