[PLUG] Samba problem...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Aug 11 05:08:44 UTC 2009

The client is Windows 2000 professional and the software program is
Family Tree Maker 2009.  My dad has an HP Deskjet 9800 hooked up to his
Fedora Core 9 computer running samba 3.  He has paper that is special,
it is wider and longer than letter paper.  How does he print to large
format paper?  Under Fedora's printer administration applet, the print
administration default has been set to custom, but that doesn't seem to
be the trick.  I believe the printer driver on the Linux side is CUPS.

Another weird thing, my CentOS 5 box doesn't see the printer.

Are there special samba parameters that are needed so that he can
print to his large format paper?