[PLUG] Do it yourself Linux UPS...

Larry W larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Sat Aug 15 01:04:58 UTC 2009

Jason Dagit wrote:
> I could be mistaken, but I was thinking that car batteries (slowly) produce
> toxic fumes as they work.  Something that is not a problem under the hood of
> your car, but worth considering in homes.  You might want to research this.

My car battery is located under the rear seat in my car (weird place and
never checked until it dies, but ...) and it has a small vent on each
side.  A tube connects to those vents and goes through he floorboard to
the outside.  It is otherwise sealed from a passenger perspective.  I
would think that a battery so equipped and vented might be safe for
indoor use.

Larry