[PLUG] Configuring Mailman for Installation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 17 19:05:45 UTC 2009

   I want to install and use Mailman to replace majordomo for a few mail
lists. I want to check options before continuing the process since so many
of you have already gone through this exercise.

   The installation instructions say to pay particular attention to the
--with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-gid options. My system uses postfix as the
MTA and httpd-2.2.12. Looking at /etc/group I think that the configure
options should be:

 	--with-mail-gid=postfix,mailman,daemon
 	--with-cgi-gid=apache,nobody

   Are these correct?