[PLUG] Dual-Boot Laptop Recommendations

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 21:10:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Chaz Sliger<chaz at bctonline.com> wrote:
> Would another T-series be a good choice?

Over the years I've used several Thinkpads and have never had an issue
with any of them running Linux.  Currently, I'm running WinXP and
various flavors of Ubuntu on a T61, booting Ubuntu from an external
laptop drive.

> They don't make the T42 anymore but the T500 seems like it would be a modest
> upgrade.

Seems to run Linux just fine:

http://www.linlap.com/wiki/lenovo+thinkpad+t500

> I'm open to anything that will run Win-XP and Ubuntu with good WiFi support.

Can't imagine going wrong with a Thinkpad.  Here are some pictures of
mine from a little over a year ago:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Robert.Citek/USBDrive

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Regards,
- Robert