[PLUG] We need more Linux in this town...

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Tue Dec 1 19:19:47 UTC 2009

logical american wrote:
>> Well said Keith! Sage advice. Stepping out of the zombie worker assembly line and cutting my own path is exactly what I need to do...;-)
>>

> It's not as easy as the postings suggest...
>
> I am part of a team with 21st century technology.  Last week I walked
> around the Portland SC09 supercomputer show, and spoke to lots of
> "high-power" people.  Many ran my badge for the email address.  Never
> heard a word back from anyone.

What's stopping you from contact them?  Do you want to sell your product
or service, or are you satisfied with standing on a shelf next to every
other person whose badges they scanned?  Do you want to stand out, or
stand outside?

I sell pre-paid legal service plans, kind of like insurance.  But that
alone doesn't help me make money.  I have to go out and sell the
product, actively, putting me and my product in the foreground, because
customers will never come to me in the volume I need to make any
substantial income.  If I offered my badge for email scan, I would most
certainly get contact information from that person and add them to my
calling schedule.

And you are correct that one must be absolutely committed to their
product.  If you don't love it you will never convince anyone else to
love it.

Larry