[PLUG] Virtual Box

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Tue Dec 1 19:43:44 UTC 2009

On to my real question:

I really hate Windows.  I really, really hate the fact that I need to
have it up and running sometimes (I have yet to fully break free from my
accounting software which uses Explorer for navigation, and some
microprocessor debugging tools only work under Windows).

It's about time to upgrade the Ubuntu in my work desktop; I'm thinking
of wiping the whole thing clean and doing a fresh install, then
installing VirtualBox (for which there's a native Ubuntu install!!) in
which to run Windows XP for that dang accounting program and for those
few proprietary chip debugging environments that just have to have Windows.

So:

Does anyone have any experience with VirtualBox?  How'd it go?  Any
gotchas?  Anything I should know before I just start happily installing
software?  Is there a way to import an already-working hard drive image,
or do I just have to install Windows fresh in a new virtual machine?

Danke

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services