[PLUG] Virtualbox kernel issue

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 21:51:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:38:39 -0800
Larry Williams <larryw at holbrookmasons.org> wrote:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > Makefile:147: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux
> > kernel. Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make$
> >

> Have you actually installed the kernel source files?  What is in /usr/src?

There is a lot of stuff in /usr/src, but nothing that looks like a kernel
source file. There is a vboxdrv-3.0.8 link to another folder.

I also looked in Add/Remove Software, but couldn't find anything that looked
like a kernel source to install. The Add/Remove Software GUI is not easy to
find things in unless you know exactly the name of the package you are looking
for.