[PLUG] We need more Linux in this town...

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:53:04 UTC 2009

Erik Lane wrote:
>> P.S.  I don't mean to bad mouth HR departments.  They do valuable work;
>> but they aren't where new jobs are created - especially interesting jobs.
> Well, to some people those HR jobs *are* the interesting ones. People who
> love working with people and figuring out the puzzle that is human
> interactions.
I'm sure David will correct me if I'm wrong. But I think what he meant was that
HR for the most part doesn't "create jobs/work". They're mostly tasked w. filling
new reqs. It's the line managers, engineers, and project managers who create
jobs/work. I always try to deal directly w. the hiring manager if I can.