[PLUG] Need XML editor

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:00:21 UTC 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> According to what I read, Rhythmbox is no longer being developed. I installed
> Banshee, but I can't find any way to migrate Rhythmbox collections. There is a
> File > Import Playlist, but it is looking for some kind of file other than
> an .xml file.
Hmm, it's my understanding that the rhythmboxdb.xml file is for the rhythmbox database?
Is this file not meant to be imported into other music players, but just for backup/restore
purposes?

Is this what's generated when you an export from Rhythmbox?

Everything I read about importing in Banshee makes it sound so dead simple. I don't get it?