[PLUG] open source Skype clients?

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:45:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Carlos Konstanski
<ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> wrote:

> There are a bunch of standards-compliant H323 clients out there for
> all platforms:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Open+Source+VOIP+Software
>
> With so many good choices out there, why do people insist on using the
> most crappy one? Marketing is truly evil.

Because people like me cannot make sense of that listing.  Do I need a
Proxy? What is SIP? What is (UA)?  Which one of the 22 SIP clients
will work for me and my Grandmother?  Are all 22 equally "good
choices"?

Some sort of hand-holding is needed if the none-technical users are to adopt it.

-Denis