[PLUG] rtl8180-0.21 source...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Dec 6 04:50:52 UTC 2009

The source doesn't want to compile in Slackware 13.  Strangely enough
following the installation instructions, typing make in the rtl8180-0.21
source directory deletes the source code.  I've had this happen with
the quickcam usb 0.6.6 source code too.

Any idea what is causing this strange deletion phenomenon?

I really want to figure out how to use the newer version of Slackware
as 2.6.10 on Slackware 10.1 stopped working again.  It seems to stop
working every time I try to log into the web page on the Linksys WAP11
version 2.6 that it is linked to.  This is why I have been wanting to
learn how to use snmp, to get another way into that wireless router.

As far as using loadlin to boot Slackware 13, it appears to be impossible.
Apparently, it doesn't work because the kernel is too big.

On the subject of Slackware 13, is there a tool that is nicer than pkgtool
to help me remove unnecessary packages to get the size of my install down?
Eventually, I need to install this to a 4.0 gig hard drive.  I'd like to
install with KDE, but I realize that may not be possible.

I have an Alvarion PC-DS.11b card I need to support, don't recall what the
driver is under 2.6.10 or if I had to download source for that as well.