[PLUG] Thinkpad T60 QXGA

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Dec 8 05:29:13 UTC 2009

I purchased a used T60 from Ebay, modded for 1400x1050.  A few other
mods by the original owner, which I consider a plus.

I also ordered a Seagate 500GB SATA hard drive, a SATA ultrabay,
and most importantly an aftermarket 15.0 inch QXGA LCD display
panel, 2048x1536.  AFAIK, these are the highest resolution laptop
displays available, and they match my 4x3 inclinations.  I am
curious about what they will do with my 1024x768 projector.

I may need to run Windoze to rewrite the EDID information (sigh) but
after that it should run Linux fine.  Some hardware in common with
John Jordan's T61.

If this works, I will build a second Frankenstein T60 for my wife.
If anyone else wants to join in that build, consider purchasing the
pieces.  It is also possible to swap a T61 system board into the
15.0 inch T60 case, which gets me a Penryn processor and more RAM.
Unfortunately, I'm told the T61 case only works with a 15.4 inch
screen, and there isn't a QXGA LCD panel in that size.

It would be nice if a manufacturer sold what I want new, but at
least I can cobble together the laptop I want.

Keith