[PLUG] Embedded Linux meet-up Thursday 12/10.

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Dec 9 21:17:30 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Garman <sgarman at zenlinux.com> writes:

Scott> Hello, A few folks are getting together tomorrow evening in NE
Scott> Portland to discuss embedded Linux development. More are
Scott> welcome!

Scott> We'll be meeting at 6:30pm on Thursday, 12/10 at the Staccato
Scott> Gelato on 232 NE 28th Ave:

Scott> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=232+NE+28th+Ave,+Portland,+OR&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.793449,76.464844&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=232+NE+28th+Ave,+Portland,+Multnomah,+Oregon+97232&z=16

Scott> The location is just north of the Laurelhurst
Scott> Theater. Reportedly they have free wifi and the location should
Scott> be conducive to discussion.

Lol.  Yeah, they do.  It's a Personal Telco node and it's running
embedded Linux (OpenWrt on a Netgear WGT634U), so that's a good choice
of location!  If the wireless stops working, let me know, that's one
of the nodes we are beta testing a new firmware on.

Scott> The purpose of this meeting is to share ideas, knowledge, and
Scott> opinions about embedded Linux development, brainstorm ideas for
Scott> a possible project to collaborate on, and whatever else comes
Scott> up. Since the group is just forming, there are many
Scott> opportunities for taking it in other directions.

Scott> Please drop by if this sounds interesting to you!

I'll try to make it.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net