[PLUG] Linux Foundation membership?

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:50:40 UTC 2009

> 1. For those of you w. memberships.
> How do you feel about LF efforts?
> Do you feel like your money is being put to good use?
> Do you make good use of the membership benies?

I justified my membership with the fact that I'm planning on buying a
laptop soon, and the membership discounts for HP, and Lenovo more than
pay for the membership.  Dell also has a discount but it's not as
good.  It's annoying that I can't seem to find any computers I can buy
through the discount at HP, or Lenovo that have linux preinstalled,
but perhaps part of the reasoning for giving discounts to linux
developers is that perhaps that those people who have trouble getting
some feature working with their laptop on linux will fix it
themselves, and they will get more free developer time than the cost
of the discounts.

--
teknotus
Take Notice