[PLUG] FSF "Respects Your Freedom" hardware endorsements.

Cheng Renquan crquan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:29:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Scott Garman <sgarman at zenlinux.com> wrote:
> I just received news from the Free Software Foundation that they are
> starting a hardware endorsement program to label devices that are fully
> compatible with free software. Vendors who choose to participate in the
> program will end up with a stamp on the packaging with the "Respects
> Your Freedom" slogan.
>
> The first product to get this endorsement is reportedly a netbook - I'm
> not sure of the manufacturer.

Maybe it's "The Loongson-2 MIPS Lemote Yeeloong Netbook", from Lemote
Corp, Changshu, Jiangsu, China,

http://www.osnews.com/story/21530
http://www.lemote.com/english/index.html
http://www.lemote.com/english/about.html

Richard Stallman had highly praised Lemote Yeeloong as the first
netbook/computer that ran totally
free software, from the BIOS (PMON), to the OS (GNU/Linux),

--
Cheng Renquan (程任全), from Singapore