[PLUG] We need more ... Local group open house

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:28:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 05:37, Mike Connors <mconnors1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Dexter wrote:
>> Might a local (most of the stuff you find on Calagator)
> Calagator - Didn't know such a thing existed until now. Many Thanks!
>
>>  user group open house be in order? PLUG, Ruby, Perl, Smalltalk, Drupal, POSSE, Hackathon
>> and on and all could all come together in one venue where each can perhaps have a table and tell a about their group at more or less an open mic.
>>
> I would be very interested in attending such an event...

well, we just had a thing kind of like that, although less focused on
pitching groups, but it was an open house and many of the groups were
represented, including the calagator gods themselves!  the winter
coders' social was a great deal of fun and happened on tuesday
night...make sure to put the summer one on your calendar for
cross-interest-group mixin'

but that said, there's certainly room for another similar event!  the
challenge will be not stepping on anyone's user group meeting...