[PLUG] Progress Report -- Desktop Sharing on Ubuntu, Not

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:53:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:48, Tim Wescott <tim at wescottdesign.com> wrote:

> Part of what burns me is that this is Ubuntu.  It's supposed to be the
> Linux that's easy to use.  If they put the @#$% thing on the menu, why
> aren't they making it obvious what you need to do to make it work?

dunno, it's always worked fine for me.  these directions are pretty
explicit, perhaps they will help:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/share-your-ubuntu-desktop-using-remote-desktop.html

(in which i found out that vino (the thing that lets you share your
desktop, rather than just attaching with standard VNC to an entirely
virtual remote display that is separate from what you see on the
console) is actually just a wrapper around VNC after all--i had no
idea!)