[PLUG] gnome window content display problems, Intel video on DellD620, Karmic upgrade

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Sat Dec 12 01:07:50 UTC 2009

Joe Shisei Niski wrote:
> **
> i upgraded my Dell D620 (work) laptop Jaunty from to Karmic (32-bit).
>
> Video hardware according to lspci is: Intel Corporation Mobile
> 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>
> kernel 2.6.31-16

Hi Joe,

I'm running the exact same laptop and video card hardware as you. I have
not had any of the issues you described, and I have a fresh install of
Ubuntu Karmic on my machine.

I do not have an xorg.conf file to share, as apparently everything is
working in auto-detection mode. If you would like to compare other
config files with me, feel free to ask.

Are you running the desktop effects? If so, try disabling them and see
if you have the same problem.

Scott

--
Scott Garman