[PLUG] How many of us write small scripts?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Dec 12 22:05:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:26:30 -0800
Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> dijo:

>Perhaps I can help teach some scripting, and learn some GUI hacking
>from others.  The real value of open source systems is that they
>empower us to create, not just consume.

I would like to know about basic shell scripting. At the moment I know next to
nothing.

I would attend a class for beginners. Having said that, maybe it would be
possible to do a web-based class. Moodle? Exercises for the student to do? A
professor who will check for questions several times a day? Or does this
already exist somewhere on the web? If not, could the creation of such a
web-based instruction program become a PLUG project?