[PLUG] dirvish

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 12 22:08:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> mailing list. Or just look at the list archive, which you can search
> using google "site:www.dirvish.org/pipermail your_query"

Keith,

   I was about to do this.

> Some of us have not done any major configuration in years, beyond copying
> and modifying an initialization script or two that we built in
> /usr/local/sbin.

   This is part of my confusion. The HOWTO specifies /usr/local/sbin, but the
install.sh script puts the executable in /usr/bin/. Sigh.

   Yes, I had only a partial tarball. This morning I downloaded it again and
all the requisite files are now present (with owner.group of keith.keith in
the tarball). Running the init script fails 'cause dirvish is now looking
for the main binary in /usr/local/sbin, but the install script suggested
/usr/bin as its default. There's a lot of ambiguity that I see here, not
only in the location of the executable scripts but what should be in a
vault.

   I'm off to subscribe to the mail list and read the wiki.

Thanks,