[PLUG] Converting mbox to maildir II

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 13 15:42:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Bruce wrote:

> Should you change your mind, the switch from POP to IMAP was relatively
> painless.  I deleted the POP account and created the IMAP account.  I use
> Gmail and had to enable IMAP.  Even this self taught truck driver did
> it...

Bruce,

   I appreciate that imap allows one to read mail stored on a server using
multiple devices, but I have no current need for that. There are only two of
us here with mail accounts. My wife has no need to read or write mail when
she's away from the house, and I use my laptop and ssh to the serve when I'm
away on business. Nothing I do is so critical that I need e-mail access all
the time. If something needs my immediate attention I can be reached by cell
phone when away from the office.

   Thanks for the encouraging comments.