[PLUG] Small script webapps

Neal nsedell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:02:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Joe Pruett <joey at clean.q7.com> wrote:
>>> i think what you want is:
>>> Reg1: <input type="text" name="reg1" value="deadbeef"><br/>
>>>
>>> which makes an input box prefilled with deadbeef.
>>>
>>> of course with a cgi you would get the real value to put there.
>>
>> Yes. Exactly. Precisely. But what does _that_ look like?  It's been
>> way too long to recall anything about this issue so please forgive if
>> it's absurdly obvious, but I have to skedaddle at the moment. I'll be
>> back.  <g>
>
> are you asking how to write a cgi?

Well, I'm asking about the value=<CGI script invocation output>
syntax, substituting ReadReg(reg_param) for "deadbeef".

<sheepish> Ok, so I've been putting off firing up the ol' search
engine and digging back in to this issue. I've gotten on the ball and
have apache set up for fiddling around with it now. </sheepish>

Glen: Sorry old chap, I was asking about static HTML. I was working
with an embedded 8051 with zero extra RAM so it all had to come from a
fixed source in flash ROM. Thus the need to invoke a CGI script for
the initial text box value.

I'll get back with the answer I think I was asking when I know what it
is. I think.

NealS