[PLUG] Font sizes on pixilla (QXGA T60) - opera

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Dec 15 05:23:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 05:26:11PM -0800, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
> opera does a much better job than firefox of scaling the page,
> graphics, layout, and plugins included, to any size.

Good idea!

Indeed, opera scales page rendering /almost/ perfectly.  I've got it
scaled to 150%.  It seems to throws in some unwanted vertical space
in the flash on some web pages, but compared to what firefox 3.5.5
was doing, it isn't bad.  I also had to go into opera:config and
increase a bunch of font sizes.  So it handles some stuff that
firefox does not.

Firefox handles google maps better (at least so far).  Right click
brings up a google maps menu in firefox, and brings up an opera
menu in opera.  Probably some config stuff to take care of there.

I haven't set up printers yet - firefox print rendering is sometimes
bad, I hope for better out of opera.

Bottom line, I use both browsers, and learn which website works best
with each.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Keith