[PLUG] Laptop vx Lawnmower batteries

Robert Miesen robert.miesen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:05:21 UTC 2009

I'm no a hardware hacker, but I would almost bet money that a lawnmower
battery is not going to be built to the same quality specs as that of a
laptop battery. For example, I suspect that a lawnmower battery doesn't
necessarily need to have the same strong voltage and ampre output regulation
that a laptop battery does (it is after all just powering a motor, right?)

There may be other differences between laptop and lawnmower batteries that
may not be immediately apparent. However, I have found one rule to be
true---especially when it comes to hardware: *you get what you pay for*.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Dwight Hubbard
<dwight.hubbard at efausol.com>wrote:

> Since we have some hardware hackers on the list.
>
> I saw this article about the price difference between laptop and lawn tool
> lion
> batteries.  Which got me thinking, how difficult would it be to build a
> cheap
> garden tool battery into a laptop power cable.
>
> --
> Dwight Hubbard
> Owner Effective Automation Solutions
> Website: http://effectiveautomationsolutions.com
> Email: dwight at dwighthubbard.com
> Phone: (503) 941-0327
> Redhat Certified Engineer - RHCE #804007137224095
> VMware Certified Professional - VCP #18529

Luck is believing you are lucky.
   -- Tennessee Williams