[PLUG] DSL Northwest support

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:43:29 UTC 2009

There have been occasional inquiries here about isp choices.  I
recently had problems connecting, and 'tho suspecting my modem, I
emailed dslnorthwest's support to ensure that they had no problems.
Their response:

Denis,

Thankfully we have not had any outages with our part of the network in
a very long time.

If you find you need to power-cycle your modem frequently in order to
get it to sync up to Qwest (solid DSL light) it is likely the modem is
failing.  If power-cycling the modem does not cause your modem to sync
(the DSL light only flashes) then there is likely an outage with
Qwest.

You may call Qwest at 800-247-7285 anytime to troubleshoot if it
appears to be a Qwest issue.  Otherwise, feel free to call us at
503-279-9375 during our office hours from Our 8:30am-8:00pm, M-F;
10:00am-3:00pm, Sat.

Regards,
David

Now maybe those here with more knowledge than I have would not need
the help they provided me, but I appreciated the usefulness and
completeness of their response.  It has been rare that I have needed
to contact their support, but when I have, this type of response is
typical.

-Denis