[PLUG] DSL Northwest support

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:00:33 UTC 2009

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> There have been occasional inquiries here about isp choices.  I
> recently had problems connecting, and 'tho suspecting my modem, I
> emailed dslnorthwest's support to ensure that they had no problems.
> Their response:
>
> Now maybe those here with more knowledge than I have would not need
> the help they provided me, but I appreciated the usefulness and
> completeness of their response.  It has been rare that I have needed
> to contact their support, but when I have, this type of response is
> typical.
I think ISPs are much like any other biz. Last year around this time I
lived w. a friend. He attempted to transfer his Comcast service from
Beaverton to S.E. PDX. It took weeks of intermittent service, phone
calls, techs coming on site, equip swap out, cable repair to get finally
get internet connectivity working reliably. You would think they're the
most incompetent ISP in all the land.

Where I'm living now there's been a short-lived outage or two and some
occasional slowness. Nothing that I wouldn't expect from any other ISP.
We've had more troubles w. Linksys routers and wireless connectivity....