[PLUG] Linux clinic Sun - kernel hacking?

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:09:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Tony Rick <tonyr42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, my Karmic system doesn't have either. Neither does LinuxMint. sidux
> uses 'alias.conf', while lenny, mepis  and Hardy use 'aliases' (which looks
> almost exactly like the sidux aliases.conf).
>
> - tony

Again, FWIW, the manpage for modprobe.conf (man 5 modprobe.conf) indicates
that 'aliases.conf' is the one to use.

Note that the manpage for modprobe.d is supposed to be the same as for
modprobe.conf.  It's implemented as a link in /usr/share/man/man5, but the
link may be dangling on some Debian systems, due to someone's indecision
about whether man pages are assumed to be .gz files or not.

- tony