[PLUG] cat-like command

Brian Wood woodbrian77 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:22:01 UTC 2009

>On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Also I'd like to find someone willing to give me an account
>> on a big-endian machine.  I'm willing to give that person
>> investments in Ebenezer Enterprises in exchange.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Wood
>>

> Any reason you don't want to run a virtual big-endian machine?

I don't have experience with running virtual machines and am not
sure if my hardware will support that very well.  The most memory
I have is 1 gig in a machine.  And that machine may be used as
a server in the future, so I'd have less in an alternative machine.

Also returning to the question about copy/paste, someone
suggested xclip.  I downloaded it and built it, but so far am
not getting it to do what I want.  I've tried:

cat file | xclip

and

xclip file

and

xclip -i file

and then pasting what is in the clipboard.  But it pastes
something I had previously put in the clipboard by
clicking on copy.  I'm using Fedora 12.

Shalom,
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises