[PLUG] Logitech MK700 Linux...

Dale Snell ddsnell at verizon.net
Sat Dec 26 20:48:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:08:05 -0800
Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I got a wireless desktop keyboard and mouse for Christmas.  I'm
> wondering if it is at all possible to map the special keys under
> Linux?  The scroll lock doesn't seem to work.  The keyboard is
> designed for Windows XP and later, typical.  Logitech really
> should consider Linux support.

You should be able to, but it's pretty low-level stuff.  Check out the
man pages for showkey(1), loadkeys(1), dumpkeys(1), keymaps(5), and
xmodmap(1). Note that I've only used showkey to look at the scancodes
from my (cheap and cheesy Belkin) USB multimedia keyboard; I've not
yet tried to change my key mappings.

At any rate, those man pages should get you started.

--Dale

--
Q. What sits on the bottom of the ocean and twitches?
A. A nervous wreck.