[PLUG] resolve.conf file

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:07:03 UTC 2009

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Thanks for all the information and advice.  Unfortunately, Carlos'
> comment about dsl modems applies in my situation: an Actiontec modem
> from Qwest.

I think you mentioned a while back you're with DSL Northwest. If this is
still true, then you're putting too much emphasis in the Qwest part.
DSLNW is your ISP. Call them and ask for your modem to be put into
Bridged mode if that's what you want. Some ISP's are willing to do this
(or even have this as the default) and some aren't. This will allow you
to use your own router appliance or computer as your
router/gateway/firewall. Qwest has nothing to do with this part. They
only provide the copper. The ISP will provide the modem for whatever
phone company the customer is with, but they have control over how the
device configured.

Sorry if I'm not tracking, I didn't want to go read all history here.

--
m0gely