[PLUG] Troubleshooting DHCP...

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 05:13:47 UTC 2009

> The other diskless machine on another nic off of the same server, dodo,
> boots just fine by the way.  Is something obviously wrong in my dhcp
> config file or am I looking at a problem with the switch?  DHCP worked
> when I was using a 10BaseT hub which makes me wonder if the line can't
> support 100baseTX.

It could be a problem with autoconfiguring the speed, and duplex of
the connection.  I've had two switches decide on different modes, and
thus get a broken network.  When one side is a dumb 10 megabit hub it
doesn't try to negotiate, so you never have to worry about that
problem.  If you can force it into different modes try that.

--
teknotus
Take Notice