[PLUG] Help - Just Hosed My Grub 2 Install and Can't Boot

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Dec 28 15:35:54 UTC 2009

I was just finishing a new Debian squeeze install on a new laptop, and the
last step was updating grub to grub 2. I went through
update-from-grub-legacy, but I hit return before I ticked the box for sda.
Now my system won't boot - I get error 15 when it starts up with grub. I am
sure I just wiped out the old grub and did not install the new one. Any
suggestions on how to go back and fix this problem? I can't boot into either
windows or Debian.

Thanks!

Mark