[PLUG] Linux and driver blues...

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 22:48:43 UTC 2009

Michael Robinson wrote:
> I've run hardware names through google adding Linux to
> to find out if it works over the years.

Hmm, interesting search results. I recently started using the
[http://www.google.com/linux] for any Linux oriented
searches.

The search results were mostly the same on the 1st page
with your way, which is how I used to do it too.

But even on the 2nd page the search results start to diverge greatly.
I think the search results stats below tell the story:

http://www.google.com/linux = Results 11 - 20 of about 20,300 for intel 3945
Google for "intel 3945 linux" = Results 11 - 20 of about 190,000 for
intel 3945 linux

More search results means differences in ranking & relevancy...