[PLUG] Convert LVM partition(s)?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Tue Feb 3 00:13:52 UTC 2009

It's a really long and embarrassing story so I'll cut to the chase.

Is there anyway to convert a drive that was part of a LVM Group to a
simple partition?

I have two SATA drives that were part of a LVM Group that I'm hoping to
pull the data off of.  I have a SATA to USB adapter and can see the
drive but mount doesn't work as it wants me to specify the partition
type.  Auto doesn't work.

    fdisk -l /dev/sda

reports Linux LVM.

Searched via Google but mostly found boot from CD in rescue mode as a
solution.  I'm trying to kludge a system together to do this but it just
seems wrong to have to do this.

Thanks for any help or pointers,
Rod