[PLUG] Removing a storage media icon from the desktop

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 00:28:44 UTC 2009

I forgot to unmount a USB connected hard drive before disconnecting it
from my Ubuntu machine (Gnome) and am stuck with a "40.0 GB Media" icon
that won't go away. Re-connecting the drive gives me a new icon, which I
can unmount.

Attempting to delete gives me a message that says "There was an error
getting information ..." Dragging it to the trash icon produces another
error message and offers to delete, but doesn't.

Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

--
Regards,